Saturday, July 05, 2003

Mina and Layla

The girls and I rode on an elevator that opened directly into a pink apartment. The only thing in the room aside from the pink carpet and pink couch was a television. We were very happy, and they were taking turns being swung around and around by me. Mina turned the television on and laid down on her back to watch. I sat down on the couch, and Layla was on her knees next to Mina, pushing on her tummy. I told her to be gentle with Mina, and asked her why she was doing that. She said, "Someone was doing that to me one time." Immediately I realized that I was dreaming, that the girls had died, and that Layla must have seen the resuscitation attempts. I woke feeling comforted that I had been allowed to see them and play with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home